cbEmu8080 is an otherwise useless fun project. It has 2 functionalities :
- Emulating a 8080 processor.
- Emulating a VT220 terminal, connected to such processor system.
The whole is packed with a Qt based GUI interface for controlling. It is of course capable of running CP/M and early programs of that time.
- 8080 emulation, passing exercisers.
- Can run under different timing models varying from accurate frequency emulation to free running speed on your hardware.
- Memory contents loadable/saveable in Intel Hex format.
- Capable of reading floppy and harddisk formats such as used for instance in cpmtools.
- Includes a VT220 terminal emulation. This was vttest validated.